2014 World Science Festival Tickets on SaleArticles
Tickets are still available for many of the events at the 2014 World Science Festival, which runs from May 28 to June 1 in New York City. Several sessions are part of the Big Ideas Series, funded in part by a grant from the John Templeton Foundation, and will explore a range of crucial issues in contemporary science, including:
- Cells to Silicon: Your Brain in 2050, discussing the revolution in neuroscience;
- Designer Genes: Fashioning our Biological Future, on the most complicated code in the cosmos, namely DNA;
- Better, Stronger, Faster: The Future of the Bionic Body, on what may help the blind to see and deaf to hear;
- Alien Life: Will We Know It When We See It?, wondering whether we are alone in the universe;
- Go Figure: Predicting the World with Math, examining the power of algorithms; and
- The Deceptive Watchman: Mind, Brain and Time, on the relationship between memory and reality.
Tickets may be purchased online at the World Science Festival website.